Mentoring: Make the most of it
Tap picture to watch video. What is said here applies to all coaches, role-models and teachers in all fields so you get the most to succeed fast. Laws of Grace apply can you see where in this video?
After your 1on1 mentoring session you will be taking away with you notes (if you wrote any) and the MP3 files or recording from our online session.
Below is a list that will ensure you get the most from your sessions.
There are four activities below you can perform after your session. Any of these steps can be skipped. Do what suits.
To get the most from your session and maximise your progress to inner peace the steps listed below are the full process.
If you truly want to live in inner Peace? Follow all these steps as listed!
The effort is worth it. These become a habit and teach you a lifestyle of Inquiry and being empowered by your abilities to tune into life as the presence or Stillness that you are. Life’s less than nice things become genuine tests that you plough through to test yourself.
1. Transcribe the session. Even if you took notes in the session. Do this sooner rather than later. Within 24 to 48 hours is ideal. The material in the session will then be activated in your psyche. You will notice that you feel clearer and the session contents will be more defined once you have written out the material. Before transcription, you may notice that you can only remember parts of the session. Depending on how deep into your psyche we went, you may feel a little fuzzy. You may notice that you may not perform to your best at work until it is written out. This fuzziness is your system starting to process these unconscious patterns for conscious observation and healing. When you write out the session, if other ideas pop into your head write these down too, and where they arose in the transcription. The act of writing is an actual physical activation in the body as you write out the words. Write everything out, even the chatty bits where we discuss minor points, as these points are invaluable in helping you understand this unique way of rapid personal transformation.
2. Listen to the session. Listen to the session on your MP3 player. When going to work or during your exercise regime (walking or biking) is ideal. This will familiarise you with the material. It also gives you the space to notice Ah-ha moments when you recognise what was an unconscious pattern and when you did it. This is low level processing, as you are not yet giving your 100% attention and Presence to the material.
3. After the session observe what is going on in your life. You may see how the session material is part of your present circumstances. Investigate within to see if you can sense these issues, emotions and/or beliefs playing a role in what went on. How did they contribute to the behavioural pattern? If a new situation happens that is similar to the one discussed in the insightCoaching, be extra vigilant and observe the patterns starting. This is a very powerful way to undo unwanted beliefs, behaviours and emotional reactions. It changes your state to one that is peaceful, aware and resourceful. This aspect of integration is important as you see behaviours that were previously unconscious (automatic and not chosen with awareness). By making them conscious, you now have a choice of behaviour and how to feel about it.
4. Make time to sit and be still. Inquire using the Basic Inquiry method. This is effectively a meditation where you work deeply within yourself. Most of your progress will be made through this process. A set time in a quiet place will work best. I recommend mornings before your day starts, especially weekend mornings. Thirty to sixty minutes before going to work is also good. The stillness from your morning meditation / Inquiry will set you up for the day. If you are in the mood after work, then great. The more you complete the three steps above, the more inroads you will make within your deep unconscious at this step.
Many of these patterns took your lifetime to form
To undo these will take a conscious effort. Being conscious means just that: to be conscious at all levels.
When you are conscious at all levels you are at peace (Present), even when life’s issues are stirring you inside. That may sound contradictory, and it is to most people, but that is how it will be once you break through into enough Presence in your daily life.
Few people get to experience this and that is why it is commonly seen as a contradiction. Once you continually experience this Presence, it becomes normal and you will notice that no matter what arises in your life, you will stay in touch with peace and stillness (which is your Presence/inner Peace).
The inner Peace sessions can touch many levels of your human mechanism and are listed below. It is a gateway of opportunity to perceive what was previously unconscious. You may notice things happening at these different levels. If these happen take note, preferably in your Journal, and observe them.
- body level
- energetic level
- emotional level (eg: what it triggers – like fear, and the response)
- mental level: beliefs, views, values, behaviours and justifications
- spirit level (the deepest)